(주)서울아트아카데미

예술성, 문화성, 도시의 특성을 살려
도시의 미관과 문화를 조성합니다.

문의게시판

Who Invented T-Ball

페이지 정보

작성자 Maricruz 작성일23-09-16 22:09 조회4회 댓글0건

본문

Who Invented T-Ball? "I won't be happy until we have every boy in America between the ages of six and sixteen wearing a glove and swinging a bat." ‒‒ Babe Ruth On May 6, 2001, the Capitol City League Rockies and the Satchel Paige League Memphis Red Sox from the Washington, D.C. area took the field to play each other in a t‒ball game. What made this t‒ball game different from any other game was the fact that it took place on the White House South Lawn.

President George W. Bush launched this t‒ball game on the South Lawn to promote health and fitness for young people and show appreciation for the game of baseball. This is probably my favorite activity produced by the US Government. No debate, no filibustering, no veto, or override. Just t‒ball baseball right where presidents strolled around contemplating the decisions that would change the world.

When I pass an empty baseball field in my car on a beautiful day, I always think to myself, what a waste. A beautiful field, empty with no one on it. Now we have a tradition every year on the White House lawn. You don’t have to be a Democrat, Republican, or Independent to see that this is a bipartisan issue, and a good one at that. How did the game of t‒ball arrive from obscurity to the White House lawn? Well, the origin of t‒ball has few different stories. One theory has the great owner of the Brooklyn Dodgers, Branch Rickey, as the creator of the actual model the batting tee is made from.

Branch Rickey, who was always thinking ahead for his team and the sport of baseball helped create the minor league system and had a hand in creating the batting helmet. Supposedly he introduced a flexible batting tee that came from the radiator hose of a car motor. It was said that Jackie Robinson, Gil Hodges, and other Dodgers honed their skills on this man‒made batting tee. This may have been the original model for anonse otwock podkarpackie zwierzęta hodowlane others who claimed to have invented and organized the game of t‒ball.

The actual organizing of t‒ball as an activity has been claimed by numerous people and locations around the country. The city of Warner Robins, Georgia was one of the first, if not the first to have an organized t‒ball league. Claude Lewis, director of the Warner Robins (Ga.) Recreation Department, formed a t‒ball league in March 1958. According to an interview he gave, szukam pracy jako opiekunka prywatnie about 100 parents came to Claude demanding some kind of baseball activity for the younger kids.

Claude maintains he set up the rules and helped spread the game of t‒ball around the world, even flying over to England and Israel to introduce the game to other countries, and teaching them how to play t‒ball. I had the good fortune of speaking to Claude’s daughter on the phone, mieszkania do wynajęcia skarżysko-kamienna anonse who fields these calls for her elderly dad. Marie was nice enough to spend time going through how Claude Lewis got involved with t‒ball.

If you adored this short article along with you would like to get more information relating to Szukam pracy jako Opiekunka Prywatnie generously check out our own web site.

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

회사명 : (주)서울아트아카데미    l    대표작가 : 한명철    l   사업자등록번호 : 215-86-48347
주소 : 서울시 송파구 송파대로48길 34 (송파1동 35)
TEL : 02-416-2401   l     H.P : 010-6241-2400     l     E-mail : hmch44@naver.com
Copyright © 2017 SEOULARTACADEMY. All Rights Reserved..